Monday, November 16, 2009

Ian Justin and getconnect.com

Ian Justin reminded of the day Rob Burgess popped into my Danforth Avenue store many moons ago and introduced himself as the President of a small company called macromedia.

"Ever heard of something called Flash" Rob queried.

"Can't say as I have," I replied.

"You will" he predicted.

And sure enough, I did. Rob left toronto-based Alias/Wavefront for the relatively little known macromedia, a maker of webpage design software that introduced multimedia design suite Director, Shockwave and eventually the Flash player and Flash web animation environment. Not too long ago macromedia was bought by Adobe and today its programs form part of the Creative Suite family alongside Photoshop and Illustrator.

Ian is a partner in getconnect.com.

"By way of background, I was at Alias and Silicon Graphics for maybe 10 years managing technical teams," explains Beacher Ian Justin, "then I played in the startup world for a while and broke a few companies, then off to Macromedia as WW VP of Technical Sales and then when Adobe took over my partners and I founded GetConnect."

"At the moment I guess the 9 people in the company, only 4 of us selling cover 10% or more of the worldwide revenue for the Adobe Connect Pro suite...in my case almost everything is done from my home in the beach with cameras and a load of computers from which I present across NA and the world.

"Rather fun really, it takes me around 5 minutes to get from a meeting online, changed and into my Kayak and the lake so it’s all good."

GetConnect (formerly GetBreeze) was founded specifically to provide the award-winning technology and web communication software known as Adobe® Acrobat® Connect™ Pro (formerly Macromedia Breeze). Adobe® Acrobat® Connect™ Pro is redefining business training, sales, marketing, branding, and communications. Adobe® Acrobat® Connect™ Pro sets new standards for producing and delivering content and communications that engages people anywhere at anytime.

Prior to Macromedia, Ian spent time managing professional services and support teams building Interactive TV experiences. Ian also spent 10 years in a variety of senior technical management roles with Alias|wavefront working with high-profile clients such as Disney, General Motors, Industrial Light, Magic and on the Oscar-winning Maya software. Ian is a native of the UK and lives with his family and a web-camera TOAC in Toronto, Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment